Introducing the ARCALOCK Dovetail Rail System
Area 419 is always looking for ways to improve existing products, and has once again set the bar with the new Arcalock system. They saw the need to improve on the existing dovetail ARCA rails with something that could be mechanically locked in place instead of just friction. If you have ever tried using a Barricade stop on an existing ARCA rail, you’ve probably also seen it slide under much pressure.
This kit comes with (1) Rail, (1) Clamp, (1) Barricade stop,(1) Fixed Barricade, and the associated Hardware.
(bipod not included)
- Universal rail design with serrated rail sides to interface with their proprietary clamp design to mechanically lock it in place so no movement is possible
- These serrations allow your mount to lock tight, but are not sharp, will not damage bags or your hands.
- 58 Locking positions available on the 12″ rail. These positions are engraved on the rail so you can easily adjust for known objects.
- Rail is backwards compatible with standard Arca accessories, but will not be locking without an Area 419 clamp.
- Improved serrated fixed rear barricade stop.
- Rail is 12″ long giving you the entire length of the stock fore end for attachments.
- Made to the RRS 1.5″ Dovetail Standard, so RRS lever clamps are compatible.
- No sharp edges. Every corner is radiused, and every edge is chamfered.
- Designed to attach to the rifle up to 6 places for maximum strength and stability.
- Extends past the end of some rifle stocks, allowing a further forward bipod attachment, increasing stability.
- Type 3 Hard Coat anodized for additional durability.
- Made from 6061-T6 Aluminum
- 100% USA made, with US materials and machines.
- Rail comes with 1 Remington 700-style action screw to fit the rail to the front action screw attachment point. Some trimming will likely be required.
- A 3/4″ paddle bit and drill press may be required for installation of tee-nuts, depending on current rifle configuration. Tee nuts and hardware included.
The Clamp Features the Area 419 proprietary two-stage screw design.
Clamping screw features two different thread pitches. The coarse 16tpi is used when no tension is on clamp, allowing rapid movement of the clamp vs others on the market. With high speed comes low torque though, so to counteract this as soon as the clamp sees tension it will switch to the 32tpi threads in the knob to give you extra torque when not using on an ARCALOCK rail.
- 1/4 Turn releases the clamp from the detents on the ARCALOCK rail for movement
- One Turn releases clamp to be removed from rail
- Clamp bolts directly to Atlas Bipods using their factory hardware. *Will not work with 5H*
- Clamp is backwards compatible with standard ARCA rails by removing the two pins, and will still work this way to give you infinite sliding adjustment on the ARCALOCK rail.
- Barricade stop can either be stand alone on the clamp using provided hardware, or sandwiched between an Atlas bipod. *Barricade stop does not work with Harris Bipods without our SPIGOT EXTENSION*
- Harris Bipod adapter available HERE
- Moving side of clamp is dovetailed on top and bottom to prevent tilt
- Knob is travel limited to prevent clamp from falling apart
- Clamp and knob machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Screw is turned from 303 Stainless Steel
- Type III Hardcoat Black anodized clamp and Gold anodized knob