Kestrel Applied Ballistics Additional Info
The Kestrel Shooter's Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics Technology measures up to 15 environmental parameters and allows users to select from either G1 or G7 ballistic coefficients (BC) when calculating a trajectory at the range. The handy, portable meter also offers the “Litz” measured BC library of over 225 bullets, which is considered to be the most extensive source of measured data for modern small arms bullets. Users can also train the Kestrel Shooters Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics software to match a specific rifle based on observed impacts at long range with the ballistics calibration feature, which offers even more accurate data points for users to rely on. With easy access to more accurate BC data, shooters have everything they need to make a much more precise trajectory calculation in a compact and durable Kestrel meter design.
The Kestrel Shooter’s Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics allows users to select either G1 or G7 ballistic coefficients, or to be even more specific and select from an entire library of Applied Ballistics Custom Curves for more than 200 common long-range bullets.
Please note that access to the full Applied Ballistics Custom Curve library REQUIRES the Applied Ballistics Profile Loader PC application together with Bluetooth® data transfer capability and PC. The Applied Ballistics Profile Loader is available free to download on this page. For full gun and bullet profile customization and backup, we recommend our customers purchase the unit with Bluetooth wireless data transfer for ease of use and functionality.
Kestrel With Applied Ballistics and Bluetooth
Kestrel 4500NV Applied Ballistics Meter with integrated Bluetooth® technology offer the ultimate in portable and accurate environmental data. Now, both real-time and logged data can be transferred wirelessly and automatically to a laptop or PDA, making a Kestrel Shooter's Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics and Bluetooth® technology the perfect tool for virtually any job that requires quick and reliable data.
Kestrel Companion Bluetooth App for Android
DescriptionThe Kestrel Companion application is the perfect complement to your AB Kestrel Weather Meter for remote viewing of your shooting solution.
Now, you can mount your Applied Ballistics Kestrel device on a rotating weather-vane mount, update the range to target, and view the solution right on your phone – all without touching the Kestrel. The large display on your phone or tablet allows a quick view of the elevation and windage holds as well as the current weather conditions and gun parameters.
By placing the Applied Ballistics Kestrel in wind-capture mode, your shooting solution will automatically update on the display with the measured wind values and wind direction.
How It Works
As of Applied Ballistics Kestrel firmware version 4.83, the developers at Applied Ballistics have added remote-control capability over the Bluetooth link. This allows for the range to target to be entered into the Kestrel Companion application and sent directly to the Kestrel. The Kestrel instantly computes the shooting solution and sends it back to the Companion application – displaying it for easy viewing.
1) Maximize the capability of your Applied Ballistics Kestrel by allowing it to directly measure the wind speed and direction and still easily view your shooting solution
2) Remote control of your Applied Ballistics Kestrel over the Bluetooth Link
3) View your shooting solution on a large screen
Kestrel 4500NV Applied Ballistics Meter Features
- Calculate accurate fire control solutions for long range rifle shooting.
- Select either G1 or G7 ballistic coefficient when calculating a trajectory.
- Get ballistic coefficient data for more than 225 long range bullets.
- Load up to 16 guns, 1 bullet each. In the case where you have multiple ammo types for a given rifle, you need to enter a whole new gun for each ammo type.
- The AB Kestrel comes with numerous pre-loaded drag models, but not entire gun/ammo profiles. In other words you have to build your gun profile, but you can choose from the list of bullets when modeling your ammo.
- Measure up to 15 environmental parameters at your fingertips.
- "Train" the software to match your specific rifle based on observed impacts at long range
- Calculates and adjusts for gyroscopic spin drift and Coriolis effect
- Wind speed/air velocity
- Wind chill
- Relative humidity
- Heat stress index
- Dewpoint temp
- Wet bulb temp
- Barometric pressure
- Density altitude
- Wind direction
- Pressure trend
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in.
- Weight: 3.6 Ounces
- Made in USA
*We ship every Kestrel 4000 Series Meter exclusively with Made in the USA Energizer® Brand Ultimate Lithium AAA batteries for improved reliability, capacity, cold-weather performance and weight. We strongly recommend that you use only Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in your Kestrel Meter. If you choose to install alkaline batteries, we recommend that you do NOT store your Kestrel with these batteries installed, and that you check your batteries for leakage and corrosion a minimum of every 30 days. Damage due to leaking alkaline batteries is not covered under warranty.